How can I get hitched?

Share Button

General Information Regarding Engaged And Getting Married

Anyone can get hitched for as long they meet the requirements in accordance with the Danish Act regarding the Formation and Dissolution of Marriage.

Whether you’re engaged and getting married in Copenhagen, some other place in Denmark or abroad, you need to fill in and also have an application authorized.

The first you can easily use is four months prior to the date you intend to get hitched.

You must apply for a so-called “provelsesattest” if you are to get married in a different city than your city of residence, or in a church or other religious community,. You must apply for an “?gteskabsattest” if you are to get married abroad.

The program form may be the regardless that is same of document you make an application for, or you are receiving hitched at City Hall in Copenhagen. [Read more...]